Welcome to a brand new year! It’s that time when many set new intentions/goals for the year, and get excited about what’s to come.
As I’ve been going through my own goal setting and future visioning process for this year, I’ve felt called to share more of how I’m approaching this with you all.
The traditional way people approach setting their goals for the year would be to write down a list of what you want to achieve for the year (however long or short).
This is typically a simple and to the point list of changes you’d like to make, and what you’d like for your life to look like in the future.
This traditional goal setting may look like:
- Launch my business
- Make $XX of money in my business
- Leave my 9-5 to run my business full-time
- Get in shape
- Eat healthier
- Relax more
- Travel to _______
- Buy my dream car
- Launch new offers in your business
If it’s more long term vs. just this year it may look like:
- Invest more money
- Buy my dream home
- Become a Millionaire
- Raise a family
- Score my dream job
- Financial freedom
- Time freedom
All of this is great! AND it’s also only so effective at actually working for you to turn your goals and dreams into your real life you’re living.
When we list out our goals simply, even if we’re re-reading them often and implementing changes toward creating them, this approach is only surface level.
We are only utilizing the conscious part of our mind to create them – and our conscious mind only controls 5% of how we operate in the world.
The other 95% of how we operate is controlled by our unconscious mind.
Imagine an iceberg sitting in the water. You see small pieces of the iceberg poking out above the water, but there is a huge mass of ice below the surface you may not even know about if you’re only looking from above.
The part of the iceberg sticking out of the water is like our conscious mind – the huge mass below the water is our unconscious mind.
The conscious part of our mind (the 5%) is made up of what we are aware of: what you consciously choose to do, your thoughts, the memories you can remember, your feelings.
The unconscious part of our mind (the 95%) is made up of our habits, ALL of your memories & past experiences (including repressed/hidden memories), automatic reactions, your beliefs.
To activate our goals to a new level, we need to utilize the unconscious side of our mind!
Tips for Working with Your Unconscious Mind with Goal Setting:
- Focus on what you WANT – not what you don’t want
- Know how you want to feel in the outcome, not just what the outcome is
- Get detailed and utilize your 5 senses: what you see, hear, taste, touch and smell
- Utilize pictures and symbols (the language of our unconscious mind)
- Work on any limiting beliefs that come up surrounding your goals
- Live in the end of having and maintaining your goals – vs. creating them
If you want to learn more about how to actually implement this for yourself….
Join me for the Aligned Goal Activation Workshop!
After going through my own goal activation process, I’ve been feeling pulled to share this with you in a very practical and actionable way!
Here’s what this workshop will look!
- DAY 1: Chose your aligned goal(s) for this year
- DAY 2: Write a detailed visualization of your goals incorporating subconscious language (using NLP – bringing in all 5 senses)
- DAY 3: Create your Vision Board – templates for phone background, printable, & laptop background
- DAY 4: Have a plan for what to do next moving forward
Sign up for this LIVE workshop here: https://checkout.kristinrichards.co/aligned-goal-workshop-live/
Want to stay in the loop for all future Align & Amplify Podcast episodes?!
CLICK HERE to subscribe on Apple Podcasts!