#1: You can get started designing right away.
- Most designers are booking a certain amount of time in advance, there is usually a waiting period to get on their calendar.
- There is also prep work needed before being able to get started anyways, so this wait time comes in handy.
- The prep work may include: brand design, copywriting, finalizing your programs or business concept, collecting materials, photoshoots.
#2: A designer provides the writing for the website for you.
- This is a totally different skillset! It’s like going to an apple tree expecting to pick apples AND oranges.
- Unless the design agency has an in-house copywriter, the client is expected to provide the writing for their website.
- You can choose to write this yourself, or hire a copywriter.
- This is the biggest pieces of the prep work, BEFORE you begin designing, and why the wait period to get started is really helpful.
#3: You should wait until you have everything together to find a designer.
- Because there typically is a waiting period to get on a designer’s calendar, if you want until you have EVERYTHING ready to contact a designer – you are going to be waiting even longer to launch your website.
- It’s best to get in touch with a designer when you’re in the earlier planning stages.
- Having this conversation will also have you more easily prepare what’s needed for the project.
#4: The designer handles everything and you can have almost no involvement.
- It is 100% true that hiring a designer WILL save you tons of time/energy since they are doing a lot of the heavy lifting for you.
- BUT – you are needed as an active participant in your project to create a successful result and launch.
- Beyond the prep work period, once the project begins the clients is needed for revision feedback and any missing items needed to complete the project.
- The biggest project staller will be a client who doesn’t create the time to be present and involved in their project.
#5: Providing feedback when you don’t like something is a “bad” thing
- Our #1 goal is for you to LOVE your brand and website!
- We are here to do whatever we can to help accomplish that, so we WANT to know what you honestly think
- Revisions is part of the process
- Sometimes things flow easily with minimal feedback, and other times it might take a little bit more to get to that desired end result
- We want to better understand your taste, so we can make whatever adjustments we need to create your vision
Want to stay in the loop for all future Align & Amplify Podcast episodes?!
CLICK HERE to subscribe on Apple Podcasts!